|Greater Triangle Crop Walk|
Join us and Donate, Sunday October 29, 2023, 3:00pm
Help us reach our $500 Fundraising Goal!!!
We are dedicating our Avent Ferry Crop Walk in memory of Rachel Gooding! Please help us support and raise money for this special Missions event!
Join our Avent Ferry United Methodist Church Team or donate by clicking below:
Dear CROP Walkers,
TODAY IS WALK DAY!! IT IS GOING TO BE GREAT!
1. The sign-in starts at 2:00 PM and the step-off is 3:00 pm. If you have not registered, please go HERE and do so. Please sign-in when you arrive so we know who are walkers are, even if you do not register. The Walk begins and ends at First Baptist Church Raleigh on Salisbury Street in the parking lot at GPS location 176 Hillsborough Street.
2. REMEMBER TO COME EARLY AND HAVE YOUR LUNCH AT THE BBQ TRUCK. The give-back food truck from First Baptist Church, And Also With ‘Cue, will be selling BBQ from Noon to 2:30. FBC is donating 20% of all purchases to GTA CROP Walk. Dining tables are set up in the FBC Fellowship Hall, where registration happens.
3. Free parking is available in the same block as FBC. Click HERE to see the map to the surface parking lot and state parking deck that is available.
4. GTA T-shirts are available at the Walk for those who have not received their shirts through your Team Captain. T-shirts are available as long as the supply last.
4. There are two walk routes. Click HERE for the .9 mile route and HERE for the 3 mile route. Raleigh Police will escort and follow the Walk but no traffic will be stopped for us to go through intersections (the rule downtown). So, we are being trusted to obey all traffic signals, not cross against lights, and stay on sidewalks. There will be directional signs along the Walk to guide you so be on the look out.
5. We do not have a mid-Walk water stop this year. We have water and ice available before and after the Walk. When you return from the Walk we will also have snacks (courtesy of Pullen Memorial Baptist Church) and bananas (Courtesy of Ford’s Produce)
Remember we are walking to provide resources for people experiencing food insecurity in the Greater Triangle Area and around the world. Thanks for your commitment.
- Sunday October 29th Worship Service In Person and Online
- Sunday November 5th Worship Service In Person and Online