In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we would like to introduce the congregation to the Food Distribution Mission! At this time, some of you have heard of or have been contacted about our new Food Distribution Mission. The aim of this initiative will serve to actively engage with our local community, such as Kids Cafe, Communities in Schools and Churches for Children (C4C). The Food Distribution will provide grocery staples to our neighbors in the Raleigh area who are experiencing food insecurity as a result of the economic impact of the pandemic. Our goal for this first initiative will be to collect, pack, and distribute 25 bags of food. We will observe safety precautions during this with masks and hand sanitizer provided onsite. Please read below for more information.
How Can You Help?
We need volunteers for the following roles:
1) Food and Paper Bag donations: look below for drop off date and times (anyone can participate with this!) Please see the food list on the church website and announcements.
2) Packing and sorting food – 8 volunteers – Setup will take place in fellowship hall
3) Food distribution: 5 volunteers – Distribution setup by the driveway entrance of the church
We are in need of food donations. Each bag of grocery (1 bag per family & 25 bags in total) will have the the following food items:
– Macaroni and Cheese
– Canned Vegtables
– Chef Boyardee Style Cans
– Shelf Stable Milk Cartons
– Juice Boxes
– Canned Tuna
– Pinto Beans
– Black Eyed Peas
– Canned Chicken
– Sandwich Bread
– Masa (Maseca) Tortilla Mix
*You can find these food items at your local grocery store (i.e. Food Lion, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Publix, etc.)
(A member will be onsite by the fellowship hall to receive donations)
Saturday November 21st – Food and donation Drop off @ 12-1PM
Monday November 23- Food sorting and packing @ 5-7 PM
Tuesday November 24th – Food Distribution @ 10-11:30 AM (NEW TIME CHANGE)
Thank you for your support!