Avent Ferry United Methodist Church is a Christ centered community of faith that is committed to reaching out to and embracing all individuals. With open hearts, open minds, and open doors, we are making intentional efforts toward celebrating diversity and being genuinely welcoming and inclusive of all individuals. As a Reconciling United Methodist Church, we follow Jesus Christ by loving and accepting: All Ages, All Races, All Abilities, All Cultures, All Ethnicities, All National Origins, All Education Levels, All Gender Identities, All Sexual Orientations, All Socio-Economic Statuses, All Family or Marital Statuses.
Join Us For Worship, Sunday November 15th at 11:00am!!!
Order of Worship November 15th, 2020 24th Sunday after Pentecost
“1. God, who stretched the spangled heavens, infinite in time and place, flung the suns in burning radiance through the silent fields of space, we, your children, in your likeness, share inventive powers with you. Great Creator, still creating, show us what we yet may do.
2. Proudly rise our modern cities, stately buildings row on row; yet their windows, blank, unfeeling, stare on canyoned streets below, where the lonely drift unnoticed in the city’s ebb and flow, lost to purpose and to meaning, scarcely caring where they go.
3. We have ventured worlds undreamed of since the childhood of our race; known the ecstasy of winging through untravelled realms of space; probed the secrets of the atom, yielding unimagined power, facing us with life’s destruction or our most triumphant hour.
4. As each far horizon beckons, may it challenge us anew, children of creative purpose, serving others, honoring you. May our dreams prove rich with promise, each endeavor well begun. Great Creator, give us guidance till our goals and yours are one.”
“1. In our lives, Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In our lives Lord, be glorified today.
2. In our homes, Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In our homes, Lord, be glorified today.
3. In your church, Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In your church, Lord, be glorified today.
4. In your world, Lord, be glorified, be glorified. In your world, Lord, be glorified today.”
Gospel Reading: Matthew 25:14-30 .….Diane Corbin
Giving of our tithes and offerings……….Diane Corbin You can do this with no fee through your bank’s online bill pay option. It is easy to set up for automatic monthly giving. Or, you can use this link: Online Giving
Offertory Solo………………………………………………Kellen Moss “How Great You Are” Words and Music by P. Posthuma, copyright 2006, 2011 P. Posthuma